FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wish List 2007

My column today was a wish list for 2007 and beyond that includes some of my pet peeves like the rigid television broadcasting of the game, doubleheaders, interleague play, "this time it counts", "small-ball wins in the post-season", etc.

For some of the research on baseball and television I used Peter Morris' A Game of Inches: The Stories Behind the Innovations That Shaped Baseball Volume 2: The Game Behind the Scenes published in 2006. I'll have to admit I wasn't aware of the first volume either until I saw this one while perusing a Barnes & Noble over Christmas break. Any baseball fan will want to add both volumes to their library as it contains loads of interesting tidbits on everything from the evolution (not invention) of the pitcher's mound to the first recorded wave on October 15, 1866.

No comments: