FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Study of 1 Peter

The small group my wife and I attend are doing a 9-week study on 1 Peter. This year I'm leading the group and so have prepared a few notes each week in preparation for the time meeting. For those interested I've placed the notes I use here for download:

Week 1: Introduction and Background
Week 2: 1 Peter 1:1-13 A Precious Salvation
Week 3: 1 Peter 1:14-25 A New Way of Life
Week 4: 1 Peter 2:1-10 A Chosen Priesthood
Week 5: 1 Peter 2:11–2:25 Submission to Rulers and Masters
Week 6: 1 Peter 3:1–3:12 Wives and Husbands
Week 7: 1 Peter 3:13–4:6 Doing Good: The Promise of Vindication
Week 8: 1 Peter 4:7-19 Mutual Love: The Key to Christian Community in the End Times
Week 9: 1 Peter 5:1-14 The Responsibilities of a Church in the Midst of Trials and Concluding Remarks


The outline I'm following was based on one created by Daniel B. Wallace, Ph.D. Professor of New Testament Studies Dallas Theological Seminary.

Disclaimer: I have no formal theological training and so read through these at your own risk. I did try and document from where some of the background material is taken from for each week so you can find the original source yourself. I generally come from an evangelical perspective but I tend to differ in areas such as eschatology and inerrancy.

No comments: