FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Not a Jinx

Well, on my fourth try as a stringer the Royals finally won tonight 5-3 against the Rangers. It occurred to me when Ken Harvey hit a three-run homerun to make it 4-1 that it was the first time I'd seen the Royals take a lead this season. The controversy of the night was the pitch before Harvey homered that also went over the left field wall, originally signalled as fair by the third base umpire and then subsequently overruled when the umpires discussed it. The scoring went well with only a couple minor changes that needed to be made during the game. I won't score again until mid May since I'm off to England in a few days for a week and a half with my wife and daughter. Hopefully now the Royals can build on this one and sweep the struggling Yankees.

No comments: