FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

SABR 36


Just arrived in Seattle for the 36th Society for American Baseball Research convention. This is my first convention since re-upping with SABR in the spring of 2003 (I was briefly a member in 1983 at the age of 15) and am very much looking forward to meeting and talking baseball some of those I've corresponded with over the past three or four years.

The convention is being held downtown at the Renaissance Hotel on Madison street and as I am encamped here in the lobby enjoying the wireless access I've run across several folks attending the convention. Not the least among them was Maury Brown of the Business of Baseball committee and of course Baseball Prospectus with whom I'll be rooming.

The research presentations and most other activities actually begin tomorrow but I was forced to take an early flight this morning. I'll be posting updates here periodically with all the baseball-goodness that I'm sure will follow.

No comments: