FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No XBox

Was alerted by CubsNet.com that the XBox promotion in the Northern League I blogged about a couple weeks ago has been cancelled. The commissioner of the leage said:

"However, after further review and discussion, I have decided that this concept as originally presented is not in the best interest of the Northern League. Any promotion that could affect the outcome of a regular season game is not permissible. Ultimately, such an event could have an influence on the final standings, and this certainly challenges the integrity of the league."

I for one thought it was a good idea if the two XBox players were well matched. If not, as one commenter on CubsNet said, you could have a 57-0 game that lasts a couple hours like when I play my nephew.

No comments: