FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Self Destruction

Hard to believe the spectacle I just witnessed. In all my years of watching baseball, that was the worst game I've ever seen. The team literally self destructed. At least there's plenty of blame to go around: Prior for walking Castillo, the fan for reaching over the railing (I think the call could have gone either way but certainly the fan had to know better, Gonzales for not turning the double play, and Dusty for leaving Prior in too long and intentionally walking not one, but two batters in the inning who both ended up scoring. Intentionally walking the bases loaded is almost always a bad idea and more so when you're already behind.

It'll be interesting to see how the Cubs respond. The bats seem to have gone silent and they've started swinging at alot of first pitches. I'm confident Wood will respond well. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

No comments: