FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Berman

So I DVR'd the Yankees/Indians game last night and watched it late last night. Maybe it was the late hour and I was grumpy but is Chris Berman the worst baseball announcer in the history of the game? Poor Jeff Brantley did his best I think but Berman's ineptitude overshadows whoever else is in the booth. Their discussion of steroids was especially poor and confusing with Berman stuttering over his words and making obvious points while I think trying to defend Palmeiro.

With the wealth of talent at ESPN do they really need to let Berman ruin otherwise good games?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I had the misfortune of watching a White Sox game on WGN. Those guys are such "homers" it's sickening. Not even a token attempt at being impartial.

I also watched an Angels game on MLB.tv and those guys were so clueless, vacuous even. I doubt Berman could be worse than these two abominations.

BTW, your blog is fantastic.

Dan Agonistes said...

I'd have to agree with you on Hawk Harrelson and Darrin Jackson. Many people have remarked at how difficult it is to listen to them unless you're die hard Sox fans of course.

Now, Pat Hughes and Ron Santo on WGN are also both homers but somehow they do it without being nearly as annoying. I love to listen to them.

Anonymous said...

Wealth of talent at ESPN? Where? Berman needs to be put to sleep. It's the humane thing to do.

Dan Agonistes said...

Ok, so maybe "wealth of talent" wasn't the right phrase. How about simply "wealth" available to hire good broadcasters?