FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Friday, August 12, 2005

Hidden Ball Tricks

For those who didn't see or hear about the hidden ball trick that Mike Lowell executed a couple days ago here is the link to the story that includes the video. Lowell has done this before and I thought the thought process of Todd Jones was pretty cool.

"I didn't get the ball right away, so I'm looking around, and you start playing process of elimination," Jones said of trying to figure out what was going on. "You're thinking, Gonzo doesn't have it, so Mikey must have it. He wants me not to get on the mound and try to play hidden-ball. So I'm walking around. At that point, I'm trying to sell it. Just make it looking like I'm not sitting there, so I'm talking to Matt."

A list of successful executions of this play (it has been done 231 times with 33 possibilities) can be found on retrosheet.

No comments: